This charming wooden butterfly stacker is a classic activity sure to flutter into your toddler's heart. With eye-catching colors and patterns and four removable pieces to mix and match on the wooden base, this vertical puzzle and stacking toy will promote key early-learning skills while inspiring lots of fun!
Extension Activities: More Ways to Play and Learn:
- Help the child to identify all the colors on the stacker toy.
- With the butterfly assembled, ask the child to point to different colors or patterns as you describe them.
- Remove the pieces from the base and lay them flat in front of the child. Ask the child to compare their shapes and sizes, and to find any that have the same shape and size. Ask the child to identify the largest and smallest pieces.
- Remove all the pieces from the base and lay them in a line. Ask the child to place them on the base in order. When the child is ready, try scrambling the pieces first, then asking the child to build the stacker correctly.
- Ask the child to stack the pieces out of order to make a mixed-up butterfly.
- Ask the child to try to assemble the butterfly in the correct order, without using the base.